In Delhi you can register marriage online by visiting the website https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/ and filling form and uploading necessary documents/. After filling the form you can visit the office of registrar to verify original documents and sign. Steps to register marriage online in Delhi are explained below:
Step 1: Visit the Website https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
The following menu will open
Step 2: Click on New User (If you are a new user)
The following menu will open
Step 3: Fill required information
Select Document Type: Select Aaadhaar Card or Voter ID Card
Enter Document No: Type your document number
Security Code: Type the Security code shown on the Screen
Declaration : Click on the box
Step 4: Click on Continue
Now you will get an SMS
Step 5: Click on Registered User Login
Step 6: Enter User ID, Password and Security code showing on the Screen
Step 7: Click on Login
Now you will be logged on to the Website.
Step 8: Click on Apply online then Click on Apply for Services
Step 9: Click on Registration of Marriage (it is at Serial No. 18)
Now a form for Registration of marriage will appear on the Screen. Fill the Required information.
Details of Solemnization of Marriage
Details of Groom and Bride
Step 10: Upload the required documents mentioned below
Step 11: Click on Continue
Step 12: Select the DM office in which you are likely visit (Husband side or wife)
Step 13: Chose appointment date and time
Step 14: Pay fees online or pay the fees at DM office
Step 15: Click on Submit
Step 16: Take Printout of the form submitted on line
Now you can visit the office of District Magistrate on the date fixed. Please carry the form and original documents listed below.
1. Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
2. Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate / Passport / Birth Certificate) Minimum age of both parties is 21 years at the time of registration under the Special Marriage Act.
3. Ration card of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the certificate.
4. In case of Special Marriage Act, documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO).
5. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
6. Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage
Marriage invitation card, if available.
7. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
8. Rs. 100/- in case of Hindu Marriage Act and Rs.150/- in case of Special Marriage Act to be deposited with the cashier of District and the receipt should be attached with the application form (or receipt for online payment in case of amount paid online).
9. Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act as the case may be.
10. Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
11. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act).